Reports To : Center Manager & Seniour Nurse
Department : Clinic Division
Summary of Job Scope:
The therapist/trainer is responsible for the performance of all physical assessment tests administered to patients. And is responsible for all physically demanding tests conducted by patients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide all treatments in a consistently thorough manner, in the time allocated and by treating all clients with individual attention.
- Be aware of customer’s needs, and specific personal details of the customer to implement follow up care, treatment record and computer profile.
- To respond to clients requests in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ensure smooth operations of the reservation systems.
- Oversee daily schedule of therapist in accordance with client bookings.
- Communicate with receptionist and all attendants to ensure smooth running of physical assessment area.
- Give 100% attention and ability in training at all times.
- To take an interest in other modalities that they are not yet trained in.
- Ensure time keeping in accordance with daily schedule of client bookings.
- Take pride in self appearance and ensure optimum grooming at all times. Oversee and enforce staff grooming and attitude at all times.
- Take pride in self attitude and abilities of being the best therapist they can be.
- To take their extra responsibilities seriously ensuring all extra given duties are carried out on a daily basis. Reporting to seniors and spa manager where needed.
- With senior nurse assign and control additional duties for each therapist and ensure they are carried out.
- To uphold optimum standards of treatments and client care at all times.
- To assist juniors in guidance where needed.
- Implement practice/training sessions when area is less busy.
- To show enthusiasm for the position and career as a trainer & physical therapist at all times.
- To participate in on going promotions and to assist in increased services, cross selling and product sales.
- To keep up to date with all current activities and promotions.
- Oversee performance and development of therapists training in etiquette
- To be key role in therapists training of different therapies.
- Oversee performance and development of all therapists and subordinates.
- To be aware of therapists, strengths and weaknesses in order to amplify their strengths and address their weaknesses and apply appropriate training where necessary.
- Assist operations manager in all communications with junior staff.
- Responsible for S.O.P’s for treatments.
- Responsible for S.O.P’s for training of treatments.
- Responsible for S.O.P’s for treatment product ingredients (preparation)
- Responsible for S.O.P’s of etiquette and customer care.
- To monitor physical assessment equipment for upkeep, calibration and maintenance.
- To assist with equipment based procedures of different physical assessments.
- To oversee and be aware of individual client’s needs.
- Communicate with therapists on a daily basis, regarding customer details, comments made by the gate keepers and therapists, to ensure adequate follow up care and advice has been given.
- Work with reception, gate keepers and customer care to oversee and assign the appropriate therapist for specific client needs.
- To train as part of the team juniors in communications and etiquette.
- Oversee maintenance of all treatment rooms and equipment.
- Oversee standard of treatment rooms set up.
- To ensure hygiene, sterilization and preparation of all tools and equipment at the end of every day for next day’s appointments.
- This position requires a lot of interaction, and interpersonal skills, with operations manager, senior nurse, medical director, and junior therapists. Therefore they need to be good communicators, confident, outgoing, and professional with a keen eye for detail and high standards at all times.
- Where appropriate have the technical skills required for treatments regarding machinery and the latest in hi tech equipment. Training will be provided for the right candidate where needed.
- To keep abreast of the latest trends in the industry, reporting to operations manager any new services being offered by outside competitors.
- To be aware of any new courses or training that could benefit the respective department at all times.
- Being involved in training of all spa therapists they must possess strong leadership skills.
- And to be able to enforce discipline where and when needed.
- Oversee hygiene, maintenance and sterilization of all equipment and treatment rooms
- All therapists and trainers must ensure extra duties and extra responsibilities are carried out by themselves and the juniors at all times.
- To be ethical at all times,
- To lead by example at all times, enforcing (regularly) to subordinates the importance of company ethics, customer care, relations and stock.
- To report to operations manager and senior nurse if they are aware of any unethical procedures within the department.
- To have the ability to lead and yet be able to work as part of a team
- Strong people and communication skills
- Service orientated
- To be able to motivate and inspire the juniors
- Have a clear understanding of all major physical assessment procedures, processes and techniques.
Key qualifications required and preferred background
- Experienced, high caliber senior therapist or trainer.
- Experience in physical therapy and technical equipment preferred.
- Smart appearance and a pleasant, dynamic personality.
- Willing to be taught and trained in new practices for physical assessments.