Reports To : Center Manager & Medical Director
Department : Clinic Division
Summary of Job Scope:
The lab technician is responsible for all outgoing samples and incoming reports relative to all patient diagnostic tests. Specifically the careful recording, labelling, filing, reporting, collection, and delivery of all sample and test types along with results.
- Follow all laboratory safety rules.
- Label the specimen collection tubes with patient’s name, DOB, time of collection, etc.
- Properly complete laboratory forms.
- Keep blood-drawing trays neat and clean.
- Maintain phlebotomy area clean and stocked with supplies.
- Put all materials in its proper place when not in use.
- Report possible hazards to the Laboratory Supervisor.
- Perform other duties such as data collecting and filing.
- Extract blood from patients with minimal or no pain at all.
- Store Blood, Urine or other body fluids in its proper storage facility.
- When conducting home service, arrive on time in scheduled location as not to delay blood extraction.
- Handle Blood, Urine, and other body fluids, testing materials with care.
- Properly dispose of contaminated substances.
Essential skills required
- Knowledge of safe and sterilized blood extraction procedures.
- Must know arm anatomy and different blood drawing techniques.
- Know laboratory safety rules.
- Organizational skills.
- Communication skills.
- People skills
- Ability to read and understand labels and instructions.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Be responsible and respectful
- Be tolerant, patient and gentle
- Practice proper work ethics
- Able to inspire confidence inpatients and put them at ease
- Demonstrate discretion with company clients
- Able to pay attention to detail
- Able to follow procedures and instruction
Key Qualifications Required:
- Degree in Biomedical or Biotechnical preferred.
- Preferably with experience in field.